D-Link have announced their fastest ever Modem Router calling it the AC5300 MU-MIMO COBRA, specifically designed to take advantage of the NBN. One of the biggest gripes of the NBN can often be the lack of speed on WiFi, the D-Link COBRA will solve those problem. You are also future proofing your network with a dedicated Gigabit WAN port and four Gigabit LAN ports. Let’s face it at a price tag of $749.95, that’s what you would be hoping for by dropping this amount of cash.
The COBRA is an extremely powerful Modem Router is designed to provide a PowerZone of high speed Wi-Fi right across your home. It comes built with a Quad-Core processor and the latest MU-MIMO Wave 2 Tri-Band Wi-Fi that will keep multiple devices across your home connected to your 4K content, lag free gaming and high quality audio.
The COBRA continues to use their SmartBeam technology that directs Wi-Fi directly to your devices.
The COBRA’s key features include:
- Ultimate Wi-Fi performance
- AC5300 Wi-Fi speeds for an ultra-fast home network experience
- Built-in ADSL/VDSL Modem
- Can be used with all DSL Services, including FTTN NBN for universal connectivity in Australia and New Zealand
- Advanced AC SmartBeam
- Tracks your connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range.
- Tri-Band Wi-Fi
- One 2.4GHz and two 5GHz Wi-Fi bands for maximum Wi-Fi capacity.
- Wave 2 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi
- Like having multiple Routers in your home, Wave 2 Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) sends and receives data to and from devices simultaneously to increase speed and efficiency.
- Smart bandwidth technology automatically connects each device on your network to the best band available for an optimal connection.
- Extreme Streaming Ready
- Stream 4K HD media throughout your house – ideal for bandwidth-intense applications.
- 1.8GHz Quad Core Processor
- Faster processing speed for a more powerful Modem Router.
Other COBRA features also include:
- Wi-Fi guest zone
- NBN/UFB ready (VLAN tagging)
- SharePort web access
- DLNA media server support
- UPnP support
- VPN pass-through/multi-session PPTP/L2TP/IPSec
- Dual Active Firewall – Network Address Translation (NAT) and Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
- 802.1p QoS
- Bridge mode
- Multiple PVC’s (up to 8)