Earlier in the year at CES, we reported the news of the Netgear Arlo Baby. It is a smart baby monitor which essentially takes the technology, and even some components, from the security camera range and applies it to a cute looking toy that can keep an eye on you bub.
The feature list is actually rather long for a baby monitor such as:
- Watch your baby in crystal clear 1080 HD quality video, via your smartphone, tablet or PC
- Near invisible infrared LED lights enable advanced night vision
- Listen in and talk to your baby from your smart phone through two-way audio, might save you from getting out of bed
- Receive motion and sound alerts via email or push notifications – Arlo Baby knows if the sound is a baby crying
- A rechargeable battery allows for wire-free baby monitoring
- Receive live reporting and alerts around your nursery’s ambient conditions, including temperat
ure, humidity and air quality
- An in-built music player offers a collection of lullabies
- A multi-coloured, dimmable LED night light can be managed remotely
- Free rolling 7 days of secure cloud recording with 24/7 continuous recording available
- Turn Arlo Baby into a kitten or puppy with many optional skins/accessories
While this product is clearly labelled for baby monitoring, you can easily see how this product could be applied to any form of indoor monitoring. If you’re not home and leave it monitoring the living area you could be alerted by an intruder and record their every move, and even open dialogue with them!
The Arlo Baby will make a pretty great gift for your mate about to have a child or a great little toy for fathers out there. The Arlo Baby Smart HD Monitoring Camera will be available in August in store and online for $399.