D-Link has announced an update to it’s WiFi camera range, with a new Full HD 180 degree camera, hitting the market at $299.95.
It’s not D-Links first, last year they launched a 180 degree camera at a higher price point, this new version enhances the software capabilities to get the best picture.
D-Link’s 180 does not produce a fish-eye output, instead their software corrects the picture to give you a stunning whole of room view, plus, using the D-Link app live video can be streamed and motion recoded to the microSD slot in the unit.
The new DCS-2530L features a smaller design, slimming things down for a better look as technology continues to miniaturise.
Graeme Reardon, D-Link’s Australian Managing Director says “Users of the new DCS-2530L can enjoy monitoring their home in Full High Definition video with the widest viewing angle available at a full 180 degrees, so not only can you see and monitor more of your home with a single camera, you can receive alerts via your mobile device wherever you are in the world, and see what’s going on via the free mydlink lite app.”
In total darkness there’s 5 meters of night-vision, plus the device has a built in WiFi signal locator to ensure you place it in the optimum position.
D-Link Full HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera (DCS-2530L):
- 180 Degree Field of View – Widest angle lens on a fixed consumer camera
- Full HD 1080p Quality Video – Rich detail and crisp image quality for monitoring your home
- Unique De-Warping Technology – Maximises video quality with less distortion
- Wi-Fi Signal Locator – LED that guides users to the best camera placement, ensuring reliable connectivity for streaming and recording
- Sound & Motion Detection – Automatic alert notifications keep you informed of events occurring in your home
- Local Recording – Record continuous, scheduled, or detection triggered video clips directly to a microSDXC card up to 128GB
- Night Vision – See up to 5 metres in complete darkness with two built-in IR LEDs