In the battle of the big utes, Toyota may have claimed the top spot in 2016, but the dominance of the HiLux is under continued pressure for a whole new range of vehicles across manufacturers. Ford is hoping to turn some heads in dealerships and out on the roads with a new special edition Ford Ranger FX4 hitting dealers this month.
Any good “special edition” will carry a host of extras and add ons, often cosmetic, but that’s what lots of folk want – the difference here is Ford isn’t adding features to the base model Ford Ranger, they’re taking the XLT – one of the bests equipped utes on the market, and adding to that.
Big 18 inch alloys, black roof rails, a black bonnet and tailgate, side steps and more.
Ford aren’t mucking about in Australia – sure they factory is closed but the research and development team are here in force with $2 billion invested in the last eight years, $450 million in 2017 alone.
The FX4 is available for $58,915 in manual, $61,115 in auto which is $3,500 over the XLT.
Here’s the full list of extras on top of the XLT (Don’t forget the Ranger now has Sync 3 with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto too!)
- Larger, Stark Grey Alloy Wheels (18-inch) with New Unique Design
- Black Roof Rails
- Black Bonnet and Tailgate Decal Wraps
- Side Decals with ‘FX4’ Branding
- Black Sports Bar, Rear Bumper, Side Steps and Door Handles
- Black Grille (with Unique Design), Fog Lamp Bezels, Exterior Mirrors and Fender Features
- Leather Accented ‘FX4’ Branded Seats
- Front and Rear Carpet Mats
- Black Interior Highlights
You’ll see it in four colours, a White, Silver, Magnetic (Dark Metallic Grey) and Shadow Black.