Unleash the Data Wars! Aldi Mobile have come to market with a cracking great deal for those willing to commit to 12 months with the low-cost telco.
Let’s have a look at Aldi’s offer:
- Remember first, Aldi Mobile operates on the Telstra 4G Network. That’s a tick.
- The deal has unlimited calls, and texts for 12 months. That’s a tick.
- It’s just $249 pre-paid for 12 months of calls and texts. Let’s call that $21 a month ($20.75). Not bad for all you can eat calls and texts – right?
- How about data. Ahh, that’s the catch? Nope. How about 3.5GB of data per month. AWESOME.
- What’s better than 3.5 GB of data per month? 42GB of data for the YEAR. That’s right, use it as you need it, 1GB one month 10GB the next month.
And if you chew through all your data, top it up at $15 for 2GB while your unlimited calls and texts keep going the full twelve months.
Aldi isn’t the first to offer a 12 months “discount”, but they are the first that I can recall to offer it in such a way – and are by far the cheapest.
My normal go-to value carrier is Kogan Mobile. 12 months with Kogan on the Vodafone 4G network will set you back $299 ($50 more) and that gives you 3GB every 30 days. That’s less, and it resets every 30 days.
After Vaya’s data-only plan announcement today, and Telstra’s imminent Gigabit LTE plan launch I think February is going to be the biggest month for Data deals in a very long time.
Web: Aldi Mobile