Thalita Alves is a name you need to remember. She is one of the best bartenders in Australia. Partnering with Campari she has now published her cocktail, Anita, in the Campari Red Diaries Calendar. Best of all, Australia sits at the top, January.
The Anita is more than just a cocktail but a rather lovely story from Thalita around where she is from, where she has come and how it all comes together. Before you see the recipe below, learn the story through the video below.
There is a huge amount of passion in all of the stories behind each cocktail featuring Campari in the Red Diaries however since this is representing Australia – we must feature it for you.
How to make the world famous “Anita”
The Ingredients (note – 1 cl = 10ml)
- 2 cl Campari
- 4 cl Cachaca Sagatiba Velha
- 2 cl fresh blood orange juice
- 1 cl fresh lime juice
- 1 cl macadamia orgeat syrup
- Fresh basil sprigs
- Pour all the ingredients into a shaker with a single block of ice and shake well.
- Strain the mixture into a crystal cocktail glass
- Garnish with fresh basil sprigs
- Do it all with finesse like Thalita 🙂
You can enjoy all 12 cocktails in the video series available here