Reporting from Las Vegas, Carnival Corporation have announced a major overhaul in the guest experience onboard their cruise ships. The ships in question include Princess Cruises.
We have written about cruising before but not from a technology perspective. Today we are absolutely thrilled to be able to.
The new guest experience is based around a new and world first interactive guest experience to be the first interactive platform capable of transforming vacation travel into a personalise service.
The company unveiled the Ocean Medallion, a first of its kind, wearable. This device enables a personal concierge by bridging the physical and digital dimensions. This isn’t just NFC tap to pay either, it includes a tracker to quickly find your kids or loved ones, food and beverages on demand, plenty of interactive games and personalised entertainment experiences.
Guests on the cruises will be able to:
- streamline and expedite the port embarkation and disembarkation process
- allow guests to access their staterooms as they approach the door (no keycard required)
- locate friends and family around the cruise ship
- enable guests to purchase merchandise without any transaction, cards or paper
- deliver enhanced dining experiences based on food and beverage preferences
- power an array of interactive gaming and immersive entertainment experiences
- significantly enhance interactions with crew members and guest
If you’ve ever cruised before you would get a guest card to pay for additional food or alcohol, experiences etc. It was also your room key. This medallion goes a long way beyond replacing that and adding some great new benefits.
As lovers of cruising we cannot wait to see this one in action.EFTM coverage of CES is made possible by the hard work and dedication of the team, and financial support of our sponsors, including Intel, Samsung, Hisense, Nissan, Huawei, Vodafone, Alcatel, 360Fly and others - full details of our commercial interests and disclosures are here.