Nespresso have announced a machine that is slowly silencing the coffee snob among us. Nespresso have been great at keeping coffee making simple, drop a pod, push a button, get coffee. Put milk in the canister, push the button, pour it onto the coffee and drink. This new machine hasn’t changed the coffee part so much, but it has completely changed the milk process.
Introducing the Creatista. The first thing you’ll notice is the frothing wand normally seen on a “manual” or “traditional” coffee machine. My first reaction to this was “oh great, now I need to learn to froth milk…”. Nespresso wouldn’t be so cruel.
The wand is for frothing milk however it has the smarts to do so without your hand working the milk jug. Placing the jug under the wand will be enough, the wand will work the pressure, intensity and froth the milk as desired.
Speaking of desired, the Creatista has a new menu system with a screen and single button to make your favourite coffee. Select Ristretto, Latte, Flat White, Cappuccino etc and the Creatisa will sort your coffee pour (after waiting a whole 3 seconds!), make the milk as desired and then allow you to pour the milk over your coffee as though you’ve been working at that froth yourself.
The machine offers a wide range of features, all designed to enrich the coffee experience:
- 7 customisable coffee settings including Espresso, Lungo, Ristretto, Flat White, Latte, Cappuccino and Macchiato
- Adjustable automatic milk texturing to make a Flat White, Cappuccino, or Latte creating ‘micro foam’ which is essential for latte art (8 textures for Creatista Plus, 4 textures for Creatista)
- Adjustable milk temperature (11 temperatures for Creatista Plus, 5 temperatures for Creatista)
- Cool touch steam wand with auto purge for fast and easy cleaning
- Intuitive TFT display offering step-by- step assistance for coffee personalisation and maintenance
- Fast heat up (3 seconds for Creatista Plus, 10 seconds for Creatista)
- Automatic power off after 10 minutes of non-use
The Creatista is a monumental step forward for Nespresso, not just for the new functionality but the entire machine is so much more premium in materials and design yet still easy to use with the same pods we’re used to. We’ve seen the Creatista in action and found ourselves very impressed. Retailing from $699 RRP.