We’re all keen for healthier meals, but without sacrificing flavour. Hot wings is a snack (or mini meal) that pairs perfectly with cold beer and watching sport with mates. We’ve been testing the AirChef from Kambrook which helps you cook delicious meals like this with less oil than ever. Below is a recipe for Hot Wings with a blue cheese sauce we know you’re going to love. If you don’t own an AirChef, that’s ok, you use your oven on a wire platform or even grill them on the BBQ – the ingredients for the sauces etc are the same.
2 tbsp paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
1 bottle (150ml) Frank’s RedHot Sauce (easily found in Woolies or Coles)
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
1kg chicken wings, tips removed and cut in half
Blue Cheese Sauce (Not compulsory but recommended)
½ cup sour cream
½ cup crumbled blue cheese
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp buttermilk
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper
- For the wings sauce, heat butter in a pan and mix in the paprika, cumin, hot sauce, onion and garlic powders, and maple syrup. Heat for 5 minutes until the sauce reduces. Allow to cool.
- Save half of the wing sauce for serving. Pour the rest of the sauce over the chicken wings. Allow to marinate for 2 hours.
- To make blue cheese sauce, place all the ingredients into a jug. Use a stick mixer to blend for 40 seconds or until there are no large lumps. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Preheat the Air Chef to 180°C, or fire up the BBQ grill.
- Place the wings into the Air Chef basket and cook for 30 minutes. Shake (or flip if on the BBQ) wings every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the wings.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the cooked wings. Serve with the blue cheese sauce.
The AirChef is a very interesting product to have in the kitchen, it accompanies a recipe book which goes from entree to dessert, all made in the AirChef. It is so much more than a replacement deep frier for hot chips. Even at $169.95 RRP it’d be worth it just to make hot wings all day!