Taking almost the complete opposite approach to Netgear, D-Link this week announced the newest edition to their lineup, the DIR-895L which at just face value will blow your mind.
The six antennas on the previous D-Link beast were some serious design, but on this they’ve added two more at the back to give it a mighty new look – but what’s inside?
Capable of 5300Mbps offering MU-MIMO this little baby ticks basically every tick in the WiFi router checklist, and like the Netgear X8 we looked at recently its pushing the price of home routers right up at $699.95.
We’ll give it a workout shortly, but until then take it from the source, D–Link’s Aussie MD Graeme Reardon said, “Following on from the success of our DIR-890L AC3200 Wi-Fi Router which was the first from the Ultra Performance Series, the DIR-895L continues D–Link’s philosophy of innovation by being built with the best speed, coverage and processing power available. One feature particularly worth mentioning is Multi-User MIMO, which when combined with Multi-User MIMO enabled devices, provides the next level of Wi-Fi performance.
Anyone who has ever lost their Wi-Fi signal while gaming or streaming movies on Netflix can benefit immensely from the advanced features and chart topping wireless speeds and coverage this new router offers. Investing in the latest wave of Wi-Fi technology, you can be assured that the DIR-895L will futureproof your home network.”
Here are the key features of the DIR-895L:
- 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor – Faster processing power for supporting enhanced network speeds
- 4×4 Data Streams – Supports four simultaneous data streams for increased throughput
- MU-MIMO Technology* – Provides a High-bandwidth Wi-Fi signal to multiple devices simultaneously
- Smart Connect – Automatically assigns devices to the best possible wireless band available for optimal performance
- Advanced AC SmartBeam – Tracks your connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range
- Tri-Band Wi-Fi – Two 5GHz bands and one 2.4GHz band for faster Wi-Fi speeds
- Intelligent QoS – Traffic optimisation to help prioritise network traffic so video streaming, gaming, and VoIP calls run smoother over both wired and wireless networks
- Intuitive UI – Controlling your network is easier than ever with the easy to navigate user interface
- Eight High Power Antennas – Maximum coverage throughout your home
- mydlink™ Cloud – Monitor your network from any PC, smartphone or tablet
- USB 3.0 – Up to 10x faster than USB 2.0
- Easy Setup – Easy installation with web-based setup wizard or Quick Router Setup (QRS) app
The DIR-895L Wi-Fi Router is available now at www.dlink.com.au and all major retailers.