Earlier today the team at myPlates released a list of what they reckon are the most creative number plates that were ordered in NSW in 2015 – they’re certainly creative, but we here at EFTM thought – what vehicles are they attached to?
The myPlates organisation now offers something like 100 different styles with colours, themes and photos now all over our number plates if we choose. For just $160 you can get your current plate cast in a new colour, or you can find a whole new plate for your car.
Turns out 2015 was a huge year for personalised plates, the number of personalised plates chosen for cars and bikes increased by 11%. More than 1 million NSW vehicles have personalised plates.
So here’s the plates:
Now don’t freak out – this isn’t a privacy breach, you can search for any number plate and see what make and model of car it is attached to. So we did that. And here’s the list – some of which was quite surprising to us!
- 2012 BLUE HOLDEN CAPTIVA
- 2004 SILVER TOYOTA LANDCRUISER UTE
- 2015 WHITE TOYOTA LANDCRUISER
- 2007 BLACK HOLDEN COMMODORE SEDAN
- 2005 SILVER SUZUKI GSX-R1000
- 1996 BLUE HONDA CIVIC HATCHBACK
- 2009 WHITE HOLDEN COLORADO UTE
- 2012 WHITE MITSUBISHI TRITON UTILITY
- 2015 SILVER VLK GOLF SEDAN
- 2005 WHITE HOLDEN ASTRA SEDAN
- 2015 SILVER LEX NX200T STATION WAGON
- 1977 YELLOW HOLDEN HZ TABLE TOP WITH FITTINGS
- 1968 RED PONTIAC COUPE
I’m shocked that MNYPIT wasn’t on a Lamborghini or something, but I guess a 1977 restoration would be a money pit?
Likewise, interesting to see the number of tradies (assumption by me) with their 4WD UTEs or Dual Cabs going the custom plates.