Today at CES in Las Vegas, FitBit, the heroes in fitness tracking solutions, announced a new wearable. It is so close to being a smartwatch but they are not openly admitting to competing with Apple, Samsung etc in their game.
The FitBit Blaze is here. So, give me the brief!
- Continuous heart rate tracking
- Onscreen fitness workouts thanks to Fitstar
- Real time stats during your workout, if you’re running you’ll see live details on how far, pace, heart rate etc
- FitBit will automatically recognise what type of exercise you’re doing and log it in the app as such
- The usual sleep tracking, step counting etc
- Colour touch screen and various watch faces – a first for FitBit
- Call, text and calendar notifications from your phone
- Five days battery life
- Music control from the Blaze to play/pause, skip songs on your phone
- A huge lineup of various bands
- Available in Black, Plum and Blue in Medium, Large and X-Large
- Available for pre-order today for $329.95 with availability starting in March
Are we all rushing out to buy one?
EFTM’s coverage of CES 2016 is made possible with support from Intel, Hisense, Sony, Samsung, LG and Alcatel One Touch