You may remember Carly and Tresne from the 2014 series of My Kitchen Rules, actually – I am sure you remember. Two amazing and bubbly people. EFTM reached out to the dynamic duo for a simple recipe that us blokes can prepare for our loved ones this Valentines Day. Something that we’ll enjoy eating too.
Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
This looks amazing. So here is the plan lads; take your Valentine to dinner however come home for dessert, it’ll be sure to impress.
30g plain flour, sifted (1/4 cup)
40g icing sugar, sifted (1/3 cup)
70g almond meal (3/4 cup)
2 egg whites, beaten to soft peaks
80g unsalted butter (1/3 cup)
180g dark chocolate, melted
4 x Lindt Lindor milk chocolate balls
Fresh strawberries and raspberries to serve
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Grease 4 ramekins with butter and sprinkle with flour to stop the cake from sticking.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl over a saucepan with simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is smooth and glossy.
- Beat the egg whites until you get stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl mix the sifted flour, icing sugar and almond meal, add the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Then gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Spoon half mixture into the greased ramekins, add a Lindt Lindor ball into the centre then spoon the remaining mixture into the ramekins.
- Bake for 20 mins, remove from oven and let sit for 5 mins before running a knife around the edge and turning upside down onto a plate.
- Top with fresh berries and a dust of icing sugar.
If you’re a visual person like me and prefer to learn by demonstration, Carly and Tresne have made this instructional video also
Over to you lads, time to impress your loved one.
Thank you for the tips Carly and Tresne!