Cold Chisel describe this one as “one for the true believers”, but without question for fans of the legendary Aussie group this is a sensational limited edition opportunity. Every studio album plus rare and never released material – on Vinyl.
The strictly limited edition Vinyl Box Set will be released on Friday April 10 and includes all seven studio LP’s, which includes two that were never released on Vinyl (The Last Wave of Summer and No Plans).
In addition, there are three other collectibles – Teenage Love – also never released on Vinyl and released in this box set with six other songs that have never been released in any physical format!
Plus there’s the live EP “Your Thirteen, Your Beautiful and You’re Mine” which was first released in 1979.
Alongside all that is a “repressing” of the 7-inch single “Knockin on Heaven’s Door/The Party’s Over” .
Chisel’s long time mastering engineer Don Bartley is the man behind the re-mastering for this vinyl press, using the original analogue tapes. This should be something special.
“This project has been in development for 18 months and we are really excited to finally reveal it,” says Cold Chisel guitarist Ian Moss. “When we started out in Adelaide all those years ago, vinyl was the main format for all of our releases. It’s great to have Cold Chisel’s entire studio catalogue available on vinyl and all of it gathered together in this one cool box.”
“I still love listening to music on vinyl,” said the band’s frontman Jimmy Barnes, “so I’m really proud to have all of our work restored and pressed on big, thick state-of-the-art vinyl. This is going straight to the pool room.”
Oh, and when we say strictly limited – they mean it – 2,000 copies. The first 1,500 who order online will receive an extra never-for-sale LP “Live at St Leonards Park 29.05.1978”
The Cold Chisel Vinyl Box Set Contains:
· Cold Chisel (1978)
· Breakfast at Sweethearts (1979)
· East (1980) + Bonus 7-inch single Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door (live)/The Party’s Over
· Circus Animals (1982)
· Twentieth Century (1984) + includes original foldout poster as in original vinyl release
· The Last Wave of Summer (1998) – double vinyl – never before released on vinyl
· No Plans (2012) – double vinyl – never before released on vinyl
· You’re Thirteen, You’re Beautiful and You’re Mine EP (1978)
· Teenage Love (1994) – double vinyl album, and including 6 additional songs that are previously unreleased or unavailable on any physical format:
o ‘H Hour Hotel’
o ‘On The Road’
o ‘Hold Me Now’
o ‘Four Walls, Wash Basin, Double Bed’ (original early demo of the later classic ‘Four Walls’)
o ‘Bunny’s Blues’ (early rarity – the first song ever written by Don Walker)
Chisel fans – get on it. $335 sounds like pretty good value! Pre-order now from: www.coldchiselstore.com.au