- February 28, 2013 8:00 am
- Trevor Long
The Beam Smart toothbrush monitors your brushing digitally and reports your performance back to your smartphone via an app. It displays how long you brush for, what time you were brushing your teeth and claims to also be able to send a report to your dentist before each visit. We’re not quite sure who would voluntarily opt to send that information to their dentist though.
For families, the ability to pair multiple Beam brushes to a single smartphone allows parents to monitor the kids brushing habits. And of course, it will let you know when it’s time to replace the brush head.
Perhaps the next step is to “gamify” the brushing experience for kids like the ibitz fitness tracker gamifies fitness. That should get them brushing.
Web: iWorld Australia
Here's some related EFTM content:
- A toothbrush that will get your kids brushing more and brushing correctly
- Lose weight with a smart fork that tracks your eating
- ibitz fitness tracking for the family gets the kids moving
- The perfect TV stand and cabinet for your big screen TV
- Samsung refines the user interface on its Smart TVs
Trevor produces two of the most popular technology podcasts in Australia, Your Tech Life and Two Blokes Talking Tech. He has a weekly radio show on 2UE, as well as appearances across the country and regularly provides Technology Commentary to Channel 9’s A Current Affair. Father of three, he is often found down in his Man Cave. Like this post? Buy Trev a drink!