Toyota has released images of the official aero-kit for the new 86 sports car, to be released June 18. Among other things, the kit adds a massive rear spoiler that is sure to attract the attention of car fans and possibly the boys in blue.
The official kit is only available on the 86 GTS models and will add $3,000 to the price tag of $34,490 plus on-roads. Included in the kit is a new front bumper skirt, side skirts, rear bumper skirt and large rear spoiler. The package will maintain the car’s drag co-efficient of 0.27.
No matter which colour 86 GTS you have, the wing on the rear spoiler will remain black, painted in high-gloss.
This is the first official addition from Toyota who has promised a range of optional extras. The company still admits that third party mods will far outweigh what Toyota can produce itself.
Maybe Toyota’s hybrid Le Mans car could have done with the additional downforce…
Here's some related EFTM content:
- June was the biggest month ever for car sales in Australia
- Toyota 86: The real world tests
- Toyota announces Australian pricing for the 86 sports car
- Toyota unveils the RAV4 EV electric SUV
- Five things we want to see in the Toyota 86