- May 7, 2012 12:45 pm
- Trevor Long
When you are watching Formula One you can’t help but be in awe of the ability of these drivers to make split second decisions while driving at hundreds of kilometres per hour. But have you ever thought about how they are sitting in that car?
Mercedes AMG Petronas GP have released a very cool video of Nico Rosberg explaining his seating position. In the video his seat is on the floor of the workshop with his back supported by a wheel and tyre, while his legs sit up on another wheel and tyre.
From the outside looking in, with no car to block the view, it’s quite amazing to see that Nico is basically lying down to drive.
See for yourself:
Web: Mercedes GP YouTube
Here's some related EFTM content:
- Amazing video of a truck crashing around a corner
- Bugatti Veyron vs Audi R8 vs Pescarolo LMP1 vs Lotus Renault F1: 0 – 300kph dash
- VIDEO: A Mazda 2 driving the vertical Wall of Death
- The West Wing meets TV Newsroom in Aaron Sorkin’s new TV Drama
- Ricciardo joining the Australian GP Media Circus
Trevor produces two of the most popular technology podcasts in Australia, Your Tech Life and Two Blokes Talking Tech. He has a weekly radio show on 2UE, as well as appearances across the country and regularly provides Technology Commentary to Channel 9’s A Current Affair. Father of three, he is often found down in his Man Cave. Like this post? Buy Trev a drink!