Not happy enough with the 155kW 1.6litre turbo John Cooper Works? Never mind, because Mini is about to launch an all new track version of the car, called the Mini JCW GP edition. But if you want one, you better hurry.
That’s because there will only be 2,000 of the Mini JWC GP editions built worldwide. But don’t despair, because 200 of those models will be coming to Australia. The exact specifications of the Mini JWC GP edition have yet to be released, but the SMH is reporting that it has lapped the famous Nürburgring Nordschleife a full 19 seconds faster than the Mini JWC.
What we do know about the Mini JWC GP edition is that it will be a two-seater (what a shock), have full race suspension, light-weight alloys, semi-slick tyres and Recaro sports seats.
As for the rest, you’ll have to hang on, much like the experience of driving one, we imagine.
Here's some related EFTM content:
- Mini Countryman John Cooper Works Edition is most powerful Mini to date
- Mini Inspired by Goodwood to go on sale in Australia
- Mini Cooper Cold Front Kills 70
- This is the best parallel park you’ll ever see
- Ford EcoSport mini SUV will land in Australia