- April 2, 2012 2:30 pm
- Trevor Long
It’s a popular carnival trick. A couple of blokes on motorbikes riding at speed around a circular ring, getting enough speed to zoom around on the walls instead of the floor. But what happens when you throw a small car into the ring? Can it drive around a vertical wall?
Mazda has done just this, and published the results on their Facebook page today. I have to tell you, it’s pretty impressive.
I own a Mazda 2. Never in a million years would I have thought it was succeeding at this madness. And just because the car can do it, doesn’t mean I’ll be searching for my local “wall of death” any time soon.
Possibly the bravery award for April goes to the bloke standing inside the ring wearing a crash helmet with a camera attached.
Here's some related EFTM content:
- Amazing video of a truck crashing around a corner
- Bugatti Veyron vs Audi R8 vs Pescarolo LMP1 vs Lotus Renault F1: 0 – 300kph dash
- How F1 drivers manage 300kph speeds while lying down
- The West Wing meets TV Newsroom in Aaron Sorkin’s new TV Drama
- The new iPad – Camera improvements tested
Trevor produces two of the most popular technology podcasts in Australia, Your Tech Life and Two Blokes Talking Tech. He has a weekly radio show on 2UE, as well as appearances across the country and regularly provides Technology Commentary to Channel 9’s A Current Affair. Father of three, he is often found down in his Man Cave. Like this post? Buy Trev a drink!