- February 2, 2012 12:00 pm
- Nick Broughall
Converse in Japan is planning on powering up your sneakers in March, partnering with Nintendo to release the One Star Super Mario Bros Ox sneakers. Why are retro gaming products always so inexplicably awesome?
Replacing the iconic Converse star with the power up star from the Super Mario Bros video games, the sneakers also feature Mario and Luigi embedded on the heel of the sneaker. Available in both premium black and white leather, with a colour scheme to match the classic Nintendo game’s characters.
This isn’t the first time the two companies have joined forces to create awesome Mario Bros shoes, with the company releasing a special series of Chuck Taylors last year. The One Stars are a lot more understated though, which makes them a lot more wearable and awesome.
The sneakers will be available from select Converse stores in Japan from March, with pricing to be announced. Keep an eye out for cheap flights to Japan next month then…
Here's some related EFTM content:
- Super Mario Bros. fish tank is one of the coolest things ever
- Best Game of all time? You’re the judge
- Lehigh University prices Star Wars Death Star at $852,000,000,000,000,000
- Jherin Miller makes art with pixels that every man will enjoy
- Mates Rates: Nintendo Wii with Mario Kart and racing wheel for $99 from Dick Smith
Nick Broughall is the Australian Editor of TechRadar.com, where he gets to indulge his passion for geekery and the lastest technology. He is also the Editor of EFTM.com.au, where he gets to indulge his passion for manliness, from sampling fine liquor to the joys of growing a beard. It's a pretty good life, really.