There are plenty of experts and websites that will help you choose a wine or drink to go with your meal – but what about finding a drink to match your music? Check out Drinkify – matching drinks to your music. It’s the service you never knew you needed.
The concept is simple – type in what you’re listening to and click “What Should I Drink”
Doesn’t come much simpler than that. On the following page, you’ll be shown a drink suggestion
Some examples I’ve entered in to give you examples
- “THE COLD CHISEL” 10 oz. Canadian Club Whiskey, Serve neat.
- “THE BILLY JOEL” 1 Miller High Life, Serve cold. Garnish with straw.
- “THE LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN” 1 bottle Red wine, Serve at room temperature.
- “THE METALLICA” 4 oz. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Serve neat. Garnish with maraschino cherry.
- “THE BEN HARPER” 10 oz. Southern Comfort, 10 oz. Monster Energy Drink, 1 bottle Maotai, Combine in shaker and strain into cocktail glass. Serve. Stir vigorously.
I have to say, this is what I love about the internet, a bunch of people have sat around one night, listening to music thinking about how the drinks match the music – and presto, a website is built (OK, perhaps more complex than that – but you get the gist). Then again, it’s possible they were sitting around drinking… a lot… when this idea came to them.
The site even plays a backing track of the artist of your choice when you get your result. It might seem silly, but we can see this being used for dinner parties around the world to change the mood or even create conversation! A word of warning, this is not an Australian site, so while it might know who John Farnham is, it doesn’t recommend VB at any stage that I could find. Which is possibly a good thing.