- October 20, 2011 8:48 am
- Trevor Long
Motorsport fans will all have played a simulation racing game at some point in time – those camera angles feel real – but just how real are they?
Lucas di Grassi took the Pirelli test car out on the Barcelona circuit recently with a “point of view” camera right there in his helmet, the result is amazing.
He is quoted as saying “I had to drive with only one eye open as the camera was blocking my other eye, quite tricky” – so that’s some extra credibility to Lucas there!
This really does show you the limited vision a Forumla 1 driver has – so enjoy!
Here's some related EFTM content:
- Amazing video of a truck crashing around a corner
- VIDEO: A Mazda 2 driving the vertical Wall of Death
- VIDEO: Helmet Camera view of the Monaco F1 Grand Prix Circuit at speed
- How F1 drivers manage 300kph speeds while lying down
- The West Wing meets TV Newsroom in Aaron Sorkin’s new TV Drama
Trevor produces two of the most popular technology podcasts in Australia, Your Tech Life and Two Blokes Talking Tech. He has a weekly radio show on 2UE, as well as appearances across the country and regularly provides Technology Commentary to Channel 9’s A Current Affair. Father of three, he is often found down in his Man Cave. Like this post? Buy Trev a drink!